The purpose of this program is to introduce basic concepts of swimming, different strokes, efficiency in swimming, techniques and drills and boost overall fitness. You will learn and put into practice dry land training for strength, core, flexibility and cardio exercises and apply that to swimming.
Swimming Proficiency Program
Our ‘Swimming proficiency’ program works on developing your ‘physical, mental skills, in addition to swimming technique, all of which are critical components of your triathlete personality. Our experience in fitness tells us that it is critical to focus on a mix of dryland training in addition to focus on swimming efficiency, different strokes, stamina and speed.
Two days a week – 1 hour each day
- Dryland training – Focusing on Stretching/Yoga for swim muscles, a little bit of core stability.
- Swimming – focusing on breathing, kicking, floating, arm action for all strokes including crawl (free style), back stroke, breast stroke and butterfly. Basic Diving and turning. Different drills to master swim technique.
- Introduction to balanced and natural nutrition
Three days a week – 1 hour each day
- Dryland training – Focusing on
- Power Yoga for swim muscles
- Core Conditioning – Free hand and with gear like medicine balls, stretch cords, balance ball, ab roller, muscle roller.
- Strength training – Free hand and with gear like TRX trainer and Gym equipment
- Cardio (Optional) – Developing heart and lung power through cross training
- Swimming – focusing on mastering swimming technique for all strokes, advanced drills for stamina, and speed improvements, recovery techniques, pacing, Efficient starts and turns, preparation for competitive swimming.
- Balanced Nutrition for muscle building, recovery.
Proficient Program (After successful completion of Basic and Advanced Programs)
Five days a week – 2 hours each day
- Dryland training – Focusing on developing fast twitch muscle fibers
- Extreme stretching and recovery techniques – Power Yoga for swim muscles
- Core Conditioning – Focus on power development through plyometric exercises.
- Strength training – Extensive use of TRX trainer and Weights. Focus on muscle endurance, muscle strength and power.
- Cardio – Developing heart and lung power through cross training (Running cross country, hill running, interval training for speed and power, cross country cycling) and turning that into swimming stamina.
- Swimming – focusing on mastering swimming speed in student’s choice of stroke to enable winning in competitive swimming in the district, state and national level. Weekly swim plans, monthly measurements. High Altitude training. Continuous improvement though Video analysis of stroke.
- High protein diet with supplements for muscle building.